Sharon Manner & Dr. Marc Rosenbaum
A Holistic approach to self-care and stress management for families and professionals serving the autistic and special needs population.
Being a parent or support personnel serving children on the Autistic Spectrum/Special Needs can be one of the most challenging endeavors an individual can undertake. In this special training with two leading experts in the field, learn a holistic approach to self-care and stress management. Employing practical tools based on the principles of yoga, mindfulness, social-emotional learning, and life-enhancing nutrition, learn to reduce stress levels in order to better meet the needs of those in our care.
Presented in a series of three 5-hour sessions, we will explore:
- Cutting edge tools and techniques to support individuals with ASD
- How to develop relationship, leadership, and professional competence skills through focused listening, communication, forgiveness, taking responsibility, and conscious choice.
- How to stay present and diffuse stressful moments and meltdowns.
- How to help our children and patients improve their sleep, nutrition, communication skills, and reduce anxiety-inducing incidents.
- How to accept the limitations autism dictates while envisioning greater possibilities for the future.
Suggested reading, Masterful Parenting: Creating Meaningful Connection with Your Child. Please note that excerpts of the book with be discussed in the workshop.